Filing a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit for Delivery of Incorrect Medication

Incorrect medication constitutes one of the most common forms of medical malpractice. In the most severe cases, the wrong medication can prove fatal, especially for older patients who already suffer significant health concerns. If you or a loved one has been harmed by incorrect medication, consult with a medical malpractice lawyer to determine your options. In the meantime, here is an overview of medical malpractice claims regarding incorrect medication and a look at how a lawyer can help you receive the financial restitution you deserve for your pain and suffering.

How do I know that I have been given an incorrect medication?

In some circumstances, the doctor or medical facility may admit that medication was improperly administered or prescribed to the patient. You will also know that you have been given incorrect medication if your condition worsens or you experience new symptoms unrelated to the condition you were being treated for. In either case, a medical malpractice attorney can help see that you receive the financial compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.

How can a medical malpractice lawyer help me?

A medical malpractice lawyer will be able to determine from medical reports and the patient’s own testimony if an incorrect medication has been administered. In such cases, the medical malpractice attorney will file a suit to ensure that you receive the financial compensation you are entitled to for your pain and suffering. This compensation will also be helpful in the event that you have further medical bills as the result of incorrect medication.

What kind of compensation can I receive from a medical malpractice lawsuit?

A medical malpractice lawyer can seek damages for the medical treatment needed to address the injuries caused by the incorrect medication. A lawyer can also ask for lost wages for the client, as well as medical rehabilitation costs and mental pain and suffering. The best way to determine what kind of compensation you can receive is to speak with a medical malpractice lawyer today.

If you have been injured due to an incorrect medication prescription, contact The Rich Firm. Our Washington, DC office can fight for the compensation you deserve. To learn more about our legal services, or to schedule a free consultation with one of our medical malpractice attorneys, please call (202) 529-9379.