Washington DC Car Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that 9.3 million police-reported motor vehicle accidents occurred in the United States in 2011, resulting in over 6 million personal injuries.
Every year in the United States serious auto accidents occur once every 12 seconds. As a result of these terrible accidents, millions of people are left disabled each year, and most then have to rely on the expertise of personal injury attorneys to help them determine the best way to move forward from these very difficult situations.
Despite what you have always been taught, the problem with car accidents is that they cannot always be avoided by simply driving carefully and being alert. We all share the road with other vehicles, and accidents caused by faulty equipment or poor road conditions may simply be beyond our power to prevent.
However, since many vehicle accidents are, in fact, caused by the negligence of another driver, it is important that anyone involved in an automobile accident anywhere in the Washington DC or Maryland areas contact an experienced Washington DC car accident lawyer at The Rich Firm, P.C.
We have following locations to serve you:
- Washington DC
IF YOU HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT
Please remember that if you are involved in an automobile accident, it is vital to take the following steps right after the collision:
- ALWAYS call “911”, no matter how much the other driver offers to immediately “settle” the case with you.
- NEVER admit fault.
- If possible, make sure that none of the vehicles involved are moved from where they came to rest as a result of the collision until after the police arrive and make a report.
- If you are physically able, immediately collect complete insurance information from all drivers who were involved in the crash.
- Seek immediate medical treatment.
- If you are contacted by an insurance company prior to your retention of legal counsel, never share more details than necessary with any insurance company representative.
- IMMEDIATELY CONTACT our experienced Washington DC car crash lawyer at The Rich Firm, P.C. so that we will be better able to better preserve evidence, gather and interview potential witnesses, and address all other important factors in your case.
- Concentrate on getting well, and let our tough, experienced staff at The Rich Firm, PC take care of everything else!
THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS NOT YOUR FRIEND
While insurance company representatives may appear to be friendly, remember that their sole aim is to protect company profits. Insurance companies accomplish this goal either by denying a claim altogether, or else by paying out as little as possible, no matter how serious your injuries.
In the District of Columbia, Maryland, and other nearby states with no-fault insurance laws, insurance companies may not put a great deal of time and effort into investigating car accidents, with the result being that the real reason for many auto accidents is never discovered.
The result, unfortunately, is that this failure to investigate by insurance companies then prevents many auto accident victims from recovering to the full extent to which they are legally entitled.
When vehicular accidents result in extremely serious injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, blunt force trauma, back/ neck/ and spinal cord injuries, broken bones, and wrongful death, your case demands the work of attorneys with medical knowledge and expertise.
How well the medical issues involved in an accident case are understood and argued can make the difference between a paltry settlement and a very substantial settlement or verdict. With a legal staff that includes medical doctors, we are committed to mastering the medicine in your case, which can make all the difference in the world to you and your loved ones!
Also Read : Steps to Take When Injured in an Auto Accident
Consult an Experienced Washington DC Car Accident Lawyer
Contact The Rich Firm, P.C.for your free consultation by a Washington DC Car Accident Lawyer. Call us now at 1-888-RICH-LAW, or simply ask us to call you.